Working WeekendsPosted: July 14, 2012
After a long day of work yesterday (well, actually all the days this week have been long…), I had to leave for work this morning at 7am. When we’re on these two week warehouse audits, the days really all blend together, and I have to keep reminding myself that today is actually Saturday. It feels like a Tuesday or Wednesday to me!
We work through the weekend while we’re here since the warehouse is open a lot more than the corporate offices back home, but then we get two days off at the end to use as we please. I’ll be using my time to head to the beach with my family and to the Cape to visit Billy, so I don’t mind working through the weekend while I’m here at all!
I prepped a quick Vanilla Chobani yogurt bowl with blueberries, strawberries, and Kashi GoLean Crunch for breakfast this morning.
Not bad for a hotel room meal, right?
We only had to work for a couple hours this morning, and then I came back to the hotel and went right to the gym. It was cloudy this morning but supposed to clear up, so I was hoping that if I got my workout in right away, I’d be able to catch some sun later on. Being in a warehouse for nearly 50 hours this week hasn’t helped my summer tan much!
I did a two part workout today, starting with an arm workout that looked like this:
- 3×12 Standing extended bicep curls (extend your palms forward so your elbows are away from your sides in front of you)
- 3×12 Tricep bench press
- 4×12 Seated alternating dumbbell curls to the side
- 4×12 Skull crushers
- Supine bicep curls
- Seated tricep extensions
- 3×12 Hammer curls
- 3×12 Tricep dumbbell kickbacks
For part two, I planned on doing the same cardio as Thursday, but then I saw a medicine ball in the corner of the hotel gym and remembered this recent pin of mine from Pinterest. I followed the “Pumps & Iron” workout, making just a few adjustments. Here’s what it looked like:
- Medicine Ball Burpees: Squat down, placing medicine ball on ground in front of you, jump back into a plank, jump back up to squatting, then stand up and raise medicine ball in the air.
- Sit ‘n Reach:Sit with legs out in front of you, medicine ball extended up overhead. Lie back, bringing medicine ball to your chest and back overhead by the time you are laying flat. Repeat in reverse to return to sitting position.
- Russian Twist:Sit with legs elevated, leaning slightly backwards, and twist from right to left, bringing medicine ball from one side of your body to the other.
- Basketball Jump Squats:Squat down, bounce the ball off the ground, jump up (like you’re taking a jump shot, but not really) with arms overhead and land back in a squatting position.
- Medicine Ball Plank:Hold a plank with hands on medicine ball.
- Toe Tap Soccer Drill: High knees over the medicine ball, alternating between toe leads (regular high knees) and heels leads (turn your toe out to the side as you bring your knees up).
I did 1, 2, 4, and 6 for 1 minute each, and 3 and 5 for 30 seconds, with 30 seconds rest in between. I did the entire thing 3 times through and it was challenging but really fun! I rarely ever work with medicine balls so it was cool to be able to switch it up a bit.
After I finished up, I went back up to my hotel room to scrounge for something to eat. I wasn’t starving and didn’t want to go out to find something, so I ended up with a smorgasbord of cucumbers, grapes, Wheat Thins, and a Colby Jack cheese stick.
I snacked on some of the cheese, crackers, and cukes while typing up this post, so I’m going to fill up a cup of the grapes and head outside to the patio area… It looks like the sun’s coming out and I want to take advantage of it while I can since I’ll be back in the warehouse for another full day of work tomorrow!
Hope you’re having a good Tuesday Saturday!