Cookies & Cream Cake Mix CookiesPosted: July 7, 2012 | |
Looking for an easy, delicious dessert to bake this weekend? Look no further.
Billy’s cousin is wonderful enough to let me stay with her and her adorable family when I come to visit, so I really wanted something to bring them when I came down this weekend. I was thinking a fruit salad would be nice, but of course my mind quickly veered off into the direction of cookies before long.
I haven’t made traditional chocolate chip cookies in a while, so that was my first thought, but then I realized I didn’t have everything (or really, anything) that I needed for those. So my next thought was well, what do I have? And that’s when I realized it was cake mix cookies to the rescue! These are great when you have limited ingredients on hand or you’re looking for something a little easier than the made-from-scratch varieties. And the good news is that they’re still delicious!
I found a box of chocolate cake mix in the cabinet and verified that I had the eggs and oil I needed, and then started brainstorming what I could mix in. I wanted to do white chocolate chips, but I didn’t have any on hand, so I walked across the street to the convenience store to see what I could find.
And that’s when I stumbled upon these little gems. Yum.
(I’ve also made cake mix cookies using chocolate chips, sprinkles, peanut butter M&Ms, and chopped up Twix and Musketeers bars… the options are pretty much endless!)
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 Cookies and Cream candy bars (give or take a few pieces that get eating during the process)
- Preheat oven to 350* F
- In a medium sized bowl, stir cake mix, eggs, and oil until well blended
- Chop up candy bars into small pieces. (It’s best to do this while they’re cold… otherwise they get awfully sticky.)
- Add candy pieces to bowl, stirring until mixed completely
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet (They spread quite a bit, so make sure to leave space)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (Do not overbake!)
- Let cool for 1-2 minutes before moving cookies to a wire rack to cool completely