Strawberry Banana Protein MuffinsPosted: May 2, 2012
Yesterday I noticed that I had a couple of bananas sitting on the counter which were about to go bad. I already had two full Ziplock baggies full of frozen banana slices in the freezer, but of course I wasn’t about to throw perfectly good bananas in the trash. I also wanted to come up with something that I could freeze individually and pull out as needed, since I’ve got plenty of other fresh foods to use up right now as well. After a quick glance at the ingredients I had laying around, the idea for these muffins was born.
These muffins are light, fluffy, and so delicious. The tops get nice and golden, like a muffin should, and the insides are airy and slightly sweet. Besides that, they are packed with protein and fiber, so how could you go wrong?!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz. strawberry Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 scoops strawberry protein powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat over to 350* F
- In medium bowl, mix bananas, eggs, and yogurt until well blended
- Add in baking soda and protein powder and mix together
- Slowly add in flour and mix until all is combined (there may be some chunks from the bananas, but it should be mostly smooth)
- Pour batter into paper-lined muffin tins
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean
- Let cool before removing from muffin pan
(Makes about 12 muffins)
The strawberry flavor isn’t very strong in these muffins, so you could use other flavors of yogurt and/or protein powder if you wish. I had strawberry on hand, and that suited my taste buds just fine, but I bet chocolate, vanilla, or any other berry flavor would work just as well. Feel free to also add honey for some extra sweetness, chia seeds, nuts, chocolate chips, or whatever else you would like.
I’m freezing these so I don’t have to eat them everyday for the next two weeks. I’ll just pop them into the microwave or let them thaw out on the counter before I’m ready to eat.
Give them a try and let me know how you like them!