Mini Cookies & Cream CheesecakesPosted: March 30, 2012
I pinned this on Pinterest a little while ago, not because I really like cheesecake myself, but because I know a lot of other people do, and, well, I just like to bake!
But then my car battery died a couple weeks ago, and when my friend and fellow dessert-lover lent me his jumper cables, I told him that I owed him a baked good. When I asked what he preferred and he answered cheesecake, I immediately knew where to look! (Original recipe found here.)
I wasn’t sure how these would come out since I’ve never actually made cheesecake before, but I ended up loving them! And now I have 30 mini cheesecakes in the fridge, so I can’t wait to share!!
- 45 Oreos: 30 whole, 15 chopped
- 32 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar + 1 tsp honey (I would’ve used 1 cup sugar but ran out and had to improvise!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275° F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each lined muffin cup.
- In small bowl, crush 15 Oreos with the top side of a glass (or use a food processor…)
- In another small bowl, whisk eggs until mixed.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed.
- Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined.
- Add vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Drizzle in eggs, a little at a time, beating to combine and scraping down sides as needed.
- Add in sour cream and salt, and beat to combine.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Spoon batter evenly into the cookie-filled muffin cups, filling each cup almost to the top.
- Bake, rotating muffin tins halfway through, until the filling is set, about 22 to 28 minutes.
- Transfer the muffins tins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Refrigerate (in the muffin tins) at least 4 hours (or overnight for best results).
- Remove from tins just before serving.