Strawberry Chocolate Chip Baked OatmealPosted: March 3, 2012
Boy, have I got and awesome recipe for you today!! I found this recipe on Pinterest and was immediately intrigued. It was a little too complicated for my liking (AKA it had more than five ingredients), so I modified it a little and hoped for the best. What I got was a fluffy, fruity, chocolatey, sweet, crispy, fairly healthy, DELICIOUS breakfast!!
Really, you could eat this any time of day, but it would be really great for a brunch. The possibilities for additions are endless, which is also one of my favorite features of any recipe. I had some for breakfast this morning, and then I went back for seconds. It’s that good!
I halved most of the ingredients from the original recipe and used a smaller loaf pan since I ‘d be the only one eating it. I also just used add-ins that I had, but next time I’m looking forward to adding different kinds of fruits and berries. Next time, I also want to add cinnamon and chia seeds for an extra nutritional boost.
This recipe is fantastic alone, served warm, but it was also be great served alongside yogurt or whipped cream.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small egg
- 1.5 tablespoons applesauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray loaf pan (or use non-stick one) with cooking spray
- In bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, and half of the strawberries and chocolate chips
- In another bowl, whisk milk, eggs, and applesauce together
- Pour oat mixture into prepared pan
- Top with remaining strawberries, chocolate chips, and blackberries
- Pour milk mixture over oats and gently shake pan so it soaks through and covers everything
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is slightly golden brown
- Serve warm and enjoy!!