Homemade French FriesPosted: February 15, 2012
Every once in a while, I love to have french fries (and they are definitely one of BF’s favorite foods), but that doesn’t mean I’m going to go to McDonald’s to get them. This version is much healthier and so delicious.
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat over to 400 degrees
- Microwave potatoes for 3-5 minutes (depending on how many you have)
- Remove the potatoes (they will be hot!) and slice them into fries
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray and layer fries on sheet
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees, shaking and flipping fries several times during baking
- Transfer fries to paper towel to let some of the excess oil drip away
Tips: If you like them extra crispy (like me!), leave them in the oven longer, but be careful because toward the end of baking, they can burn easily!